5 Reasons why Walking is good for your overall health.
- Counteracts the effects of weight-promoting genes. If you come from a family with a genetic predisposition for weight gain, walking can cut your risk by 50%!
- Walking can tame your sweet tooth-reducing your risk of diabetes and other health-related risks.
- Reduces your risk of breast cancer. A recent study of women who walked 7 hours a week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 14%.
- Reduces joint pain from arthritis. Walking is recommended for people with arthritis as it’s low impact, helps to keep the joints flexible, helps bone health, and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Walking boosts your immune system.
- So, Listen Up Canada. Get those running shoes on and GET WALKING.
- Listen here for more of my healthy aging tips every #Saturdaymorning w/ #marilynwetston #fromawomen’s perspective AM 740 #zoomerradio