Dr. Vivien Brown –MDCM, CCFP, FCFP, NCMP
Dr. Vivien Brown is a family physician in Toronto, Ontario. As President of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada, she is active in efforts to raise awareness about healthy aging and women’s health. As Vice-President of Medical Affairs, Medisys Health Group, she is very interested in cutting edge options for preventative healthcare promotion. She is also a noted international and national speaker on health prevention, wellness, continuing medical education and women’s health as well as member of numerous advisory bodies for both the provincial and federal government, helping make decisions about healthcare of Canadians.
Dr. Brown’s speaking engagements focus on cancer risk reduction and prevention, adult immunization and vaccine preventable diseases, stress in the workplace and stress management, health prevention and healthy aging, osteoporosis prevention, menopause and healthy hormonal alternatives, and women and health.
Her vast experience and many professional accreditation’s, memberships and research activities, awards and appointments include:
• 2012 Physician of the Year (Toronto Region) Ontario College of Family Physicians.
• 2011, Physician of the Year by KMH, an international diagnostic facility.
• Recipient of the prestigious Enid Johnson MacLeod Award from the Federation of Medical Women of Canada for teaching in women’s health.
• Recipient University of Toronto, Excellence in Professional Community Development
• President of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada, linking female physicians, students and residents throughout the country and promoting a national conversations about health related issues.
• Vice President of Medical Affairs for Medisys Health Group promoting preventative health.
• Board Member, Women’s Brain Health Initiative
• Board Member, Immunize Canada
• Board Member, Health Choices First
• President, The Federation of Medical Women of Canada
• Organizing committee of the Canadian Immunization Conference, w/Public Health Canada, to represent family doctors in Canada
• Assistant Clinical Professor-Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University Department of Family Medicine.
• Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine. University of Toronto.
• Lecturer, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
• Chair – Consumer Education Committee, North American Menopause Society