Dr. Vivien Brown –MDCM, CCFP, FCFP, NCMP
A Passionate Advocate for Women’s Health
Dr. Vivien Brown is a family physician in Toronto, Canada, a well-known national and international speaker and author of A Woman’s Guide to Healthy Aging – Seven essential ways to keep you vital, happy and strong.
She is Vice-President of Medical Affairs, Medisys Health Group, focusing on advancing and promoting preventative healthcare.
Dr. Brown is active in numerous organizations including, past President of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada, Former Chair of the Consumer Education Committee for the North American Menopause Society, board member of the Women’s Brain Health Initiative, and Health Choices First, as well as numerous provincial and federal advisory bodies.
Dr. Brown’s speaking engagements focus on reducing cancer risks and prevention, adult immunization and vaccine-preventable diseases, stress in the workplace and stress management, health promotion and healthy aging, osteoporosis prevention, menopause and healthy hormonal alternatives, and women and health.
Her vast experience and many professional accreditations, memberships and research activities, awards and appointments include:
- 2012 Physician of the Year (Toronto Region) Ontario College of Family Physicians.
- 2011, Physician of the Year by KMH, an international diagnostic facility.
- 2009, Recipient of the prestigious Enid Johnson MacLeod Award from the Federation of Medical Women of Canada for teaching in women’s health.
- Recipient University of Toronto, Excellence in Professional Community Development
- Past President of the Federation of Medical Women of Canada, linking female physicians, students, and residents throughout the country and promoting a national conversation about health-related issues.
- Vice President of Medical Affairs for Medisys Health Group promoting preventative healthcare.
- Board Member, Women’s Brain Health Initiative
- Board Member, Immunize Canada
- Board Member, Health Choices First
- Organizing committee of the Canadian Immunization Conference, w/Public Health Canada, to represent family doctors in Canada
- Assistant Clinical Professor-Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University Department of Family Medicine.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine. The University of Toronto.
- Lecturer, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto
- Past Chair – Consumer Education Committee, North American Menopause Society
- Incoming VP for North America of the Medical Women’s International Association (2019)